Developing very large assemblies and plants was always a big challenge in modern 3D CAD. The limits of computers and the heavy 3D files along with a lack of functions, for typical challenges like piping, and structure development made it extremely inefficient and computation time horrendous.
Now with Creo we no longer find this a problem since we can:
- Handle extremely large sets of data by reducing the on screen content.
- Manage beam structures, pipes, cables, welds and other construction elements.
- Light weight representations where engineering tasks can be performed.
- Store the data in one central repository allowing for many engineers to work on one construction simultaneously.
Customers have reported that our projects have had the following benefits:
- Improved modularization capability.
- Increased reuse between projects.
- Significantly shortened lead times in development.